- Experience Penang Coastal Run 2020 (“EPCR”) (the “Event”) is organized by Penang State EXCO Office for Tourism, Arts, Culture & Heritage (“PETACH”) (“The Organizer”) with the full support of Pejabat Pesuruhjaya Sukan Malaysia (“PPS”) and Polis Diraja Malaysia (“PDRM”), in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (“R&R”), the Waiver, and all the Terms and Conditions (“T&C”) applicable to participants, which can be found at www.epcoastalrun.gov.my (“Official Website”), powered by GoSportz Sdn. Bhd.(“GoSportz”)
- A participant, being a person who has entered to take part in the Event, is deemed to have given written permission to the Organizer and the event sponsor to collect, analyze and collate the personal information relating to that participant. By completing the official online registration, the participant signals his / her agreement to abide by these R&Rs.
- By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to participate in the event or any activity(is) relating to the event or involving the Organizer and the event sponsors (if any), the participants are deemed to have agreed / given permission to the following:
- Authorization to the Organizer, its agent(s) and / or contractor(s) / or the event sponsor(s) to collect, process, organize and retain personal data relating to the participants.
- The personal data of the participants shall be used by the Organizer for the purpose of:
- Marketing – sending communication materials to the participants, including but not limited to, direct mailers, e-mails, short messaging service and / or telephone calls; and
- Statistical analysis for planning and improvement of the event.
- As the event owner, the Organizer may engage the services of third parties to process the participants’ personal data as well as the production of essential items required for the smooth operation of the event in or outside of Malaysia. For such purposes, participants shall be deemed to have given his / her consent to the transfer of all or any personal data to any such third party’s location in or outside of Malaysia. All such third parties are contractually obliged not to use the participants’ personal data for any other purpose, other than as specific herein or for the purposes of the event.
- The participants shall be deemed to have withdrawn from participating in the event if he/she withdraws his/her consent or authorization given at any time before the event starts.
- The Organizer will take reasonable precautions to keep the participants’ personal data secured and similarly ensure any third-party data processors to do the same.
- The Organizer may disclose or release the participants’ personal data, if the Organizer reasonably believes that it is necessary, desirable or required to do so by applicable law or governmental regulation or by any competent body or authority, or by legal process, or to respond to any claim, or to protect the rights, interest or property of the Organizer or others.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend the event’s routes as it deems fit, whether for the safety of the participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event or otherwise, at any time without prior notice to the participant. In such event, every effort will be made to inform the participant prior to the date of the event. Any changes made to the event’s routes will be posted on the GoSportz official website. It is the responsibility of the participant to keep abreast with such changes. The Organizer shall not be liable for any other losses or inconveniences caused due to such changes.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organizer to ensure the participant’s safety, participant is aware of the relevant rules governing the event and participating at their own risk. You are strongly advised to go for medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the date of the event. The Organizer will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death, damage or loss of property, whether personal or otherwise, suffered or caused, howsoever arising from training for, during participation, or after participation in the event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to modify or substitute any of the terms & conditions or any other rules and regulations of the event from time to time and at any time as they deem fit. If there is an ambiguity in any of the terms & conditions, the Organizer shall have the authority to interpret and in so doing, the Organizer will take into account the interests of all parties involved. The decision of the Organizer shall be final and binding. Any updates, modifications or changes on the terms & conditions or any other rules and regulations of the event will be notified on the GoSportz official website and (unless otherwise stated) will be effective from the date of notification on the official website.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the date and/or venue or to postpone or cancel the event for any reason whatsoever including force majeure (i.e. due to occurrence of any incident, condition or event that are beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer and which, in the Organizer’s opinion, renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the event such as haze, thunderstorm, rain, inclement weather, wind, act of God, terrorism or any other unforeseen conditions) at any time without prior notice to the participants, in which case the Organizer will make effort to inform the participants prior to the date. If the event has to be postponed or cancelled, there shall be NO refund of fees and the Organizer shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused. Participants acknowledges and agrees that the entry fee and any other transaction costs of the event are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-deferrable. Any updates on the event including any changes to the terms and conditions will be posted on the official website. It is the responsibility of the participants to keep abreast with such updates and changes. The Organizer shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
- If any provision (or any part thereof) of the terms or any rules and regulations of the event is held by a competent court or other competent authority in a final decision (namely, after exhausting all appeal avenues if applicable) to be illegal, void or unenforceable in the relevant jurisdiction, that provision or the relevant part thereof shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect in respect of such jurisdiction.
- Participant shall provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the participant. The Organizer may contact the participants from time to time via e-mail or any other form. Any notice sent to the e-mail address registered with the Organizer shall be deemed as received by the participant. If the participants provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, outdated or incomplete, or if the Organizer has ground to believe that such information is untrue, inaccurate, outdated or incomplete, the Organizer may at any time suspend, revoke, cancel or terminate the participants’ registration for the event and refuse any and all current or future use of the event's official website (or any parts thereof).
- Participants are strongly encouraged not to leave their valuable belongings inside vehicle, for example laptop, tablet, mobile phone and any other important documents. The Organizer shall not be held responsible for lost, damaged or stolen of property, vehicle and any other goods during the event.
- The Organizer shall not be responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of user communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or traffic congestion on the internet and/or the event's official website.
- The confirmation e-mail is the only valid proof of confirmed registration / official receipt and is to be used for the collection of race kit of participation for the event.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for any participant who does not in due course take part in the Event, for any reason whatsoever. Registration is strictly non-transferable.
- The Organizer will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
- The Organizer reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entry without giving any reason or notice. The Organizer also reserves the right at its absolute discretion to exclude or disqualify any participant whom the Organizer opines to be acting in a manner which is against the interest of the Organizer or the event or which is in violation of the terms & conditions or any rules and regulations of the event or in case of (suspicion of) foul play or fraud. It is the duty and responsibility of the participant to ensure his/her legal eligibility to participate in the event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to participants in which case the Organizer will make the effort to inform participants prior to the date of the Event. If the Event has to be cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. The Organizer shall not be liable for any consequential loss or inconvenience caused.
- The Organizer reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice to participants, to amend the Event running routes as it deems fit for the safety of the participants and / or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform participants prior to the date of the Event. The Organizer shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience consequential to such changes.
- Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their event entry to another party or change the event categories after his/her registration is confirmed.
- Participants agree to accept promotional materials/items from the Organizer & the event sponsors whether in relation to the event or otherwise.
- For any registration on behalf of any participant the principal member or the online user account owner shall be fully responsible to inform each member of the Rules and Regulations of the Event and is deemed to have obtained each member participant’s approval to accept the Rules and Regulations on their behalf. Each member participant who has authorized this online registration by their friend is also deemed to have read and accepted the Event Rules and Regulations.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By registering his / her entry each participant indicates his / her acceptance of the conditions below. In order to participate in the Event, participants must comply with any age requirements specified in their category. Participants must adhere to the following: -
EQUIPMENT AND CATEGORY
DISTANCE CATEGORIES OF 11.5KM AND 5KM
- For registration purposes, participants’ ages are calculated based on year 2020 – birth year (e.g. 2020 – 1969 = 51).
- For 5km distance category, participants must be at least 5 years old and above and below 13 years old as of 31 December 2020. Every junior participant must be accompanied by a guardian / parent.
- For 11.5km distance category, participants must be at least 13 years old and above as of 31 December 2020.
- Distances and durations indicated for all categories are only approximate. The Organizer reserves the right to amend such distances and durations should circumstances demand it.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course of the route other than official event and medical vehicles.
- Participants are suggested to wear suitable equipment for running, for example sport shoes, sport pants and running T-shirt.
- All participants are required to start in their allocated pen and wave time.
- For safety reasons, participants who do not start on their respective flag-off time, may be disqualified and not be allowed onto the course.
- All participants must follow designated routes and are solely responsible for following the designated route and passing timing points.
- Participants must, at all times, follow their respective routes, the direction of security officers/officials, traffic management officers/officials, event’s officers/officials and any other enforcement officers/officials.
- Participants MUST NOT:
- Run dangerously or negligently; or
- Run in reverse direction of event’s designated routes; or
- Disobey Event officials or Marshall’s command
- All participants are to remain behind the safety escort lead vehicles and in front of the safety escort rear vehicles at all times.
- The Cut-Off Time for both 11.5km and 5km category is 3 hours in total.
- Route officials will divert participants who are unlikely to finish the run within the stipulated duration. Such participants will be guided to the designated diversion points along the route. For their own safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, participants must follow instructions. Participants who fail to do so may be removed from the route immediately. Finisher medal will not be issued to the aforesaid participants. The participant will be recorded as ‘Disqualified’ or ‘DNF’ (Did Not Finish) in the official timing (if any).
ADDITIONAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- You are NOT ALLOWEDto participate under someone else’s name or bib number under any circumstances.
- The Event will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped in extreme circumstances for safety reasons. The final decision on this will rest with the Organizer.
All race packs that are not collected on the designated collection day(s) will no longer be available for collection.
- All participants who successfully complete the run in their chosen category within qualifying time will be awarded a Finisher Medal upon the presentation of their wrist band to the respective officials.
- Participants who didn’t finish the run within cut-off time are not entitled for Finisher Medal.
- All Finisher Medal it to be collected during Event day only. No claims will be entertained thereafter.
- Timing device (if any) will officially record participants’ finishing time. All such official finishing times will be posted on the website together with E-certificate.
- E-certificate with official finishing time (if any) will be made available after three (3) working days from the event day for participant to download.
- Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by the Organizer to ensure participants’ safety, participants who take part in the Event do so at their own risk. The Organizer will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or by participating in the Event. Participants are strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before Event day.
- The personal information on the running bib must be fully and accurately completed. Participants must attach the assigned bib at the front of their running t-shirt. Participants who are not wearing a bib will be asked to leave the route.
- All participants are reminded to observe traffic rules at all times.
- Medical Support will be available throughout the Event. Participants MUST wear their bib number in order to receive such support.
- Participants who require mechanical support or medical response while on the route, may seek assistance from security personnel, event staff or traffic management personnel.
- Medical Support and Event officials reserve the right not to assist or support participants without wearing bib number.
- Medical personnel reserve the right to remove a participant if he / she is judged to be physically incapable of continuing his / her run without risk of serious injury to him / herself or others.
- Medical personnel reserve the right to make the final call to send casualties to the nearest and / or recommended hospital.
- Participant must retire from the event immediately, if required to do so by any member of the event’s official medical staff, event director, referee and/or security officer.
- It is the sole responsibility of every participant to inform the medical staff/safety marshal on duty regarding any injury or reason that they cannot exercise.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to advise the Organizer prior to the start of the event of any pre-existing medical condition, disability, relevant medications being taken and allergies that may be relevant in the administration of any medical assistance, or in your ability to take part in the event.
- Should any participant feel fatigue, restless, or an injury at any time during or before the session, they must immediately inform the medical staff/safety marshal and refrain from joining the session.
- Recommendations by the Organiser, to reduce medical risk:
- Participants should drink plenty of fluids before, during and after their run;
- Participants who have not done much regular exercise in the recent past, are strongly encouraged to undergo a medical check-up prior to the Event; and
- Undertake a proper training regime to prepare for the Event.
- Participants who participating in the Event are advised to practise safe running, and their participation is at their own risk. Accordingly, the Organizer shall not be liable for any bodily injuries, loss and / or damage to property, whether personal or otherwise howsoever arising.
- The Organizer will not be liable for the actions of participants or other third parties, not employed by the Organizer or acting on its behalf.
- All participants are recommended to have their own personal accident or health insurance.
The Event will be held, rain or shine, unless the Organiser determines that conditions are too dangerous. This will be based on a prudent decision made three (3) days before the Event day or on the Event day by the Organiser and local law enforcement officials. If the Event is cancelled due to inclement weather, there will be neither refunds nor transfers. In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances, the Organiser reserves the right to alter, cancel or eliminate any / all portions of the Event.
CONSENT TO THE EVENT
By taking part in the Event, I agree to abide by these Rules & Regulations. PETACH and GoSportz Sdn Bhd, the Event Organizer, reserves the right to modify such Rules & Regulations in any way and at any times deemed necessary or appropriate, without materially affecting the terms and conditions of this run. I consent to the use of any photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings, or any other record which may include me, in any record of the Event or for future promotion of the Event.
WAIVER OF THE EVENT
In consideration of the Organizer accepting this entry, and the registration to participate in the Event, I hereby waive and release any and all rights to claims to damages I may have against the Organizer holding this Event, their agents, representatives, successors, assigns, sponsors for any and all injuries, death and invalidity I may sustain before, during or after the course of the Event or arising as a result of it. I hereby indemnify the Organizer and keep them indemnified and waived against all claims or damages that arise in consequence of the above.