1. When is the Experience Penang Coastal Run 2020 be held?
New event date to be announced. Please stay tuned for the announcement in our official website & Facebook Page.
2. Where is the Experience Penang Coastal Run 2020 be held?
The Experience Penang Coastal Run 2020 will be held at Queensbay Mall Outdoor Car Park.
3. What are the available running categories?
There are two running categories available in total, which is 11.5km and 5km.
4. What is the minimum age to participate in 11.5km category?
For 11.5km category, participants must be at least 13 years old and above as of 31 December 2020.
5. What is the minimum age to participate in 5km category?
For 5km (Individual) category, participants must be at least 13 years old and above as of 31 December 2020.
While for 5km (Family) category, junior participants must be at least 5 years old and above and below 13 years old as of 31 December 2020. Every junior participant must be accompanied by a guardian / parent. The registration is under 5km (Family of 2) which consist of 1 parent / guardian with 1 junior participant. Any non-compliance of relationship or junior’s age group will result in your entries be rejected.
6. What if I have more than 1 parent or 1 junior to participate in 5km (Family) category?
You may opt for any categories below according to your need:
5km (Family of 3) for 1 parent / guardian with 2 junior participants or 2 parent / guardian with 1 junior participant;
5km (Family of 4) for 1 parent / guardian with 3 junior participants or 2 parent / guardian with 2 junior participants;
5km (Family of 5) for 1 parent / guardian with 4 junior participants or 2 parent / guardian with 3 junior participants.
Any non-compliance of relationship or junior’s age group will result in your entries be rejected.
7. When does the registration for Experience Penang Coastal Run 2020 start and end?
To be announced.
8. When does the early bird discount start and end?
The Early Bird price is only limited to first 1,000 slots for 5KM (Family) and 2,000 slots for 11.5KM (Adults) on first come first serve basis. Normal Price will be applied after the Early Bird price with capacity filled.
9. Does the registration fee include insurance coverage?
No. Participants are strongly encouraged to cover themselves under their own insurance policy.
10. Steps to register:
- Go to epcoastalrun.gov.my choose the category you want to participate, click Register.
- At registration page, if you are an existing gosportz.my member, you may login by using your id and password. If you’re not existing www.gosportz.my member you can proceed to register or choose to create a new account and activate it, then return to www.epcoastalrun.gov.my to register.
- Proceed to complete the form and choose your payment method, tick the Rules and Regulations box and submit.
11. What are the payment modes available for registration?
There is only one (1) way of payment: online payment. For online payment, you need to click on IPay88 button during registration and follow the instructions accordingly.
12. How do I know if my registration was completed?
Once you complete your registration and payment a confirmation slip will be sent to the e-mail address you’ve provided during the registration process.
13. Any group registration form available?
Yes, group registration is available for the event.
14. I did not receive the confirmation slip. What should I do?
You may not receive the confirmation slip due to one of the following reasons:
- The e-mail address provided during registration was not available / wrong
- The registration procedure was incomplete
- The e-mail with confirmation slip might have been treated as a spam e-mail, therefore it’s diverted to the junk box.
- Full Name
- Number / Passport Number
- Transaction ID
We will reply within one to two working days.
15. Why my user account was failed to login or blocked?
16. Do I get a refund if I choose not to participate or I am unable to make it on the day after registered for the event?
No, all the registration fees are non-refundable.
17. Can I change category after registration completed?
No, you are not allowed for any switching of category after registration completed.
18. Do I get a refund if the event has to be cancelled or postponed?
If the event has to be cancelled or postponed, there shall be no refunds of fees or donations paid unless the organizer deems fit to give a refund and the organizer shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
There will strictly be no refunds available if the event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the organizer or acts of God which renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the event.
19. Can I change my event apparel size after registration completed?
No, you are not allowed to change your event apparel size after registration completed. Please refer to the size chart at the official website to choose your preference.
20. Can I make any changes to my personal particular after submitting my registration?
21. Can I get my friend to run on behalf of me?
No, registration for Experience Penang Coastal Run 2020 is non-transferable for safety reason, ease of identification and contact purposes if any emergency arises.
22. When is the Race Pack Collection?
To be announced.
23. What is a Race Pack?
A Race Pack is an event pack given to the participant which contains a wristband, an event T-shirt, and other sponsored items.
24. What should I bring during the event day?
Please wear proper sport attire (sport shoes, running pants, running T-shirt) during the event day. Participants must wear the wristband at all time during the event.
25. How can I get to the event location?
Participants may reach the event location by car, taxi or foot. Kindly refer to the official website for more information on event location.
26. Where can I park my car during event day?
Participants may park their vehicle at multi-level car park of Queensbay Shopping Mall. Please do NOT leave any valuable items in your vehicle and park at your own discretion.
27. Is there any support car in case of emergency?
Yes, support car and marshals are ready to support participants during event.
28. I get to win a prize if I finish first in my category?
No, there will be no prize winner for finisher of all categories.
29. Is there a cut-off time for my run during event?
Yes, cut-off time for all categories is 3 hours.
30. What if I couldn’t finish the running within cut-off time?
For safety reasons, if the appointed officials of the Event Organizer decide that the participants are unlikely to complete their run within the stipulated cut off time, such participants will be diverted to designated points for pick-up arrangement. If such participants refuse to do so, the Event Organizer will not hold any responsibility on the safety or other claim of participants.
31. Do I still receive a finisher medal and E-certificate if I finish the run out of cut-off time?
No, you will not receive the finisher medal and E-certificate.
32. Can I bring along my pets?
No, pets are strictly not allowed during the event.
33. Can I rollerblade or cycle during the event?
No. Using any wheel-run objects during the race is against the rules and regulations of event. This rule is to ensure the safety of all the participants. Any participant using wheel-run objects will be requested to exit the course immediately by the officials.
34. Is there any bag / luggage deposit service available on the event site?
No, bag / luggage deposit service will not be provided.
35. What if I am injured during the event or otherwise unable to finish the running?
Participants who are injured or unable to finish the race need not worry, as manned first-aid stations will be located at water station. Also, sweeper buses will transport participants (injured/unable to finish running) back to event site.
36. Where are the water stations?
Please refer to the official website www.epcoastalrun.gov.my for latest update on location of water stations approaching the Event date.
37. How long will the route be closed to public?
In order to ensure a safe and smooth event route for all participants, traffic control measures will be in place during the allotted race time. Please like our face book page of https://www.facebook.com/penangbridgemarathon to gain access to the Penang Coastal Run 2020 event created therein to get the latest updates.